Our engagement concerning privacy
Mediafin, with registered office at Havenlaan 86c box 309, 1000 Brussels and with company number 0404.800. 301 (hereinafter: "Mediafin", "we" or "our"), in its capacity as a data controller, attaches great importance to privacy and therefore undertakes to protect personal data with the utmost care and to process personal data only in a fair and lawful manner in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter "GDPR"), as well as any applicable current or future national or international law implementing or replacing it (hereinafter together "Data Protection Laws"). This Privacy Statement applies to our website visitors (hereinafter "you" or "your") for the personal data that Mediafin collects and processes through this website and its related services.
Terms such as "processing", "processor", "data controller" or "personal data" have the meanings ascribed to them under applicable data protection laws.
This Privacy Statement contains essential information about how Mediafin, as a data controller, collects and processes your personal data, including for what purposes, for how long and what your rights as a data subject are. If you have additional questions after carefully reading this Privacy Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
The website of Mediafin can contain links to other websites over which we have no control. Mediafin is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. If you access these websites through our website, you should review the privacy policies of those sites to understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Processing of Personal Data
Personal data can be defined as any information that directly or indirectly identifies a natural person. You can provide us with your personal data within the framework of the following activities, for the corresponding purposes and on the basis of the grounds specified:
- Contact form or correspondence: When filling out the contact form on the website, Mediafin processes your name, email address and the content of your question or message. If you contact us directly (by email, phone or letter), we process your contact details and the content of this correspondence. We only use this data to adequately process your question or message. We process this personal data based on the execution of a contract. We do not rely on your consent to process your personal data in this context, as the processing of your contact details and the content of your message or question is necessary to provide you with an answer.
- For sales and marketing purposes: If you are a client of Mediafin' services or products, we may use your name and contact details for direct marketing campaigns, to inform you about promotions related to the products and services Luxury Leads provides that we suspect will be of interest to you. We can also use the data to make targeted offers, for example by email, or to show an advertisement on our own website. As far as legally allowed, we send these messages or place the advertisements, based on the legitimate interest of Luxury Leads, if we notice that you are interested in or benefit from our services or products. If necessary, we will obtain your prior consent for these purposes. It will be as easy to withdraw your consent as to give it. Mediafin will keep your personal data used for sales and marketing purposes for 3 years after you are no longer a client.
- For the delivery of our products & services: When you purchase certain products or services from Luxury Leads, we collect your contact details and billing information. This is for delivering our services and managing our (client) relationship and based on your purchase agreement with Mediafin. We keep this data for 3 years after the last contract was closed.
- Optimization and tuning of the website and communication to you: Based on our legitimate interest to do so, we may process your web behavior (e.g. click rates, time spent on website, the type of browser you use,...) in aggregate form to allow us to optimize the website and our communication to you.
- Other relationships: We collect contact data from our current or future suppliers and partners. We process this data to enter into our agreements and to manage our relationships or collaborations. So this processing is based on the conclusion and execution of our contracts and business relationships. Mediafin keeps these personal data up to 7 years after the conclusion of the last contract.
Mediafin commits to process your personal data only in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were originally collected.
Your rights as data subject
One of the objectives of the GDPR is to give individuals more power and control over their personal data. Subject to the provisions of the GDPR and to the extent applicable, you have the opportunity to exercise the following rights as described in the GDPR, subject to certain limitations:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about how your personal data is processed (in particular, what personal data is processed, for what purposes and on what legal basis). The privacy notice you are reading now aims to do exactly this.
- The right of access: You have the right to access your personal data and to request a copy of the personal data.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected, or incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to erasure: You can request the erasure of personal data held about you. The request to erase your personal data cannot always be granted, for example due to contractual or legal obligations.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for example if the processing takes place on the basis of legitimate interest or on the grounds of public interest that Luxury Leads processes your data. When your personal data is used for direct marketing purposes, you have an absolute right to object to this processing activity.
- Right to withdraw consent: For the processing of your personal data that Mediafin has collected with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. However, the withdrawal of your consent does not apply to processing carried out by Mediafin before your withdrawal.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to obtain restriction of processing in certain situations, for example if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data, for a period that allows Mediafin to verify the accuracy.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself, processed by Mediafin, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or to transfer these data to another controller.
- Right to lodge a complaint: In case of problems, we encourage you to contact Mediafin to reach an amicable solution. However, if you believe that an amicable settlement is not possible or desirable, you can exercise your right to complain to the supervisory authority. You can consult the contact details of the supervisory authority of your country via the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
As Luxury Leads acts as a data controller for the purposes of this website, you as a data subject may make a request to us to exercise your rights. We will take care to handle your request in accordance with the GDPR.
When making a request to exercise your rights, Luxury Leads may ask for additional information to identify yourself.
If processing your request requires unreasonable measures (for example, it is technically or organizationally nearly impossible or extremely costly) Luxury Leads may charge you a reasonable fee in light of the administrative costs of fulfilling the request. Luxury Leads can also refuse to deal with requests that are excessive, especially due to their repetitive nature.
For questions or requests, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recipients and international transfer Luxury Leads refrains from disclosing or selling personal data of data subjects to third parties, as well as from disclosing personal data of data subjects, except in the following specific cases:
- Personal data can be shared between the different branches of Mediafin, if this transfer is necessary for the delivery of our products or services in line with the predetermined purpose;
- Buyers, or potential buyers, of all or part of Mediafin' business (and their professional advisors);
- Personal data may be shared with third party service providers to whom Mediafin has outsourced certain processing activities. These third parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep your Personal Data confidential and adequately protected, such as ((i) hosting companies (who host our online platforms), (ii) technology/marketing tool companies (who help us manage our customers and deliver messages), (iii) analytics companies (who help us improve the experience) and (iv) events companies (who help us manage events); and
- Governmental, regulatory and law enforcement officials, if required for the purposes specified above, if required by law, or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
With regard to international transfer of personal data and processing outside the European Economic Area (EEA), your data will only be transferred to other Mediafin branches or to parties in third countries, such as software providers and cloud or mailing services, when this is permitted under applicable data protection legislation. We guarantee appropriate safeguards that ensure that your rights are also respected by the recipient of the data outside the EEA in accordance with an adequate level of data protection.
Retention of your Personal Data
Mediafin does not keep your personal data longer than strictly necessary to realise the goals for which we have received the data, for example to execute a contract or to meet a legal obligation. The retention periods differ according to the type of processing activity and the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
For example, personal data may be kept for longer if there is a legal or regulatory reason to do so, or for a shorter period if the data subject objects to the processing of his/her personal data and if there is no longer a legitimate reason for us to keep it.
We guarantee that we will only grant limited access to archived data and that we will delete or anonymise your personal data if the retention period has expired.
Security and Confidentiality of your Personal Data
Mediafin has taken technical and organizational security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data to third parties and any other unauthorized processing of these data.
We have made every effort to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information systems and services in which personal data are processed. All our employees and third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the privacy and security of your data.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about the information in this Statement, or any other issues with Mediafin' processing of your Personal Data, please contact us by email at emailadres email@example.com, op TEL +32.2.423.16.11 or by post DPO Office, Havenlaan 86c, box 309, 1000 Brussels.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may modify or update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our practices regarding the processing of your personal data, or changes to applicable laws. We will do this by posting the updated version on this website. When we post changes to our Privacy Statement, we will change the date and version number of the "last updated" Privacy Statement. Significant changes will be posted on our homepage. Nevertheless, we recommend that you read our Privacy Statement regularly.